There are no job postings at this time.
Our volunteers play a vital role in supporting Eldon House programs and events.
Volunteer Opening – 2 positions available
Eldon House, London’s oldest home, sits within a beautiful setting that is comprised of cultivated gardens and natural areas. Strategically located at the forks of the Thames, the site is considered one of the most beautiful locations in the city. Over the next number of years, the Eldon House Board hopes to develop these grounds as a year round destination for Londoners and tourists. We are seeking volunteers to sit on the Eldon House Garden Committee to provide their specific expertise and insight to help guide this work. Candidates with a background in garden design/restoration, landscape architecture, garden maintenance/management, parks planning, or similar related fields will be considered.
This is a non paid volunteer position with a 3 year term of appointment, renewable for one additional term. The committee typically meets 8 times a year.
Please email Brenda Elliot at email@example.com for further information, or to apply. This posting expires on April 21st, 2017. We thank everyone for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Eldon House volunteers can expect to have:
- A friendly atmosphere where volunteers are part of the team.
- Assignments that are meaningful and satisfying.
- Proper orientation to place and position.
- Adequate training, support and direction.
- The opportunity to be heard, to make suggestions, and be respected.
- The opportunity to decline a suggested placement.
- Recognition for work well done.
Volunteers are expected to:
- Have a sincere desire to volunteer and an understanding of the value of their volunteer contributions.
- Work as a team member with staff and fellow volunteers.
- Be willing to learn and to participate in orientation and training programs.
- Be reliable in the performance of their duties.
- Conduct themselves with dignity, courtesy and consideration toward others.
- Respect confidentiality of information.
How to Become a Volunteer
Interested in becoming an Eldon House volunteer? Please take the time to complete the below form.
Mail your completed form to:
Heritage Site Coordinator, Eldon House
481 Ridout Street North
Candidates will be interviewed, and all volunteers go through a screening process that varies depending on the volunteer position. Screening procedures can include an application form, an interview, reference checks and/or a police records check.